Translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2016


Sebastien Young who is a son of Etienne Young his descendants are living in the Jacquet River area. Often I was asked if I was related to someone named Young of this area. The only answer I had was "I don't know" specially when I moved in the Belledune area which Jacquet River was amalgamated with a few years back. Last year I picked up the phone book and made some calls and one of the gentleman invited me to his home and showed me his family tree and briefed me on the whereabouts of his family. I read in a book that Sebastien and his wife Olive Doucet lived in a house in the Belledune area which belonged to a Mr. Landry. I believe Sebastien first live in the Little Nipisiguit are which is now Beresford.


Sebastien married Olive Doucet who was the daughter of Laurent Doucet and Mary Lejeune. Laurent Doucet was the son of Michel Doucet. Michel Doucet was the son of Charles Doucet. In one of the church documents they write the Charles Doucet was Etienne Young's best friend. The Doucet family seems to have a long history with the Young family after all they were neighbours.  Sebastien and Olive had six children. Louisa Young the eldest, Elisabeth Young, John Young, Mary Young, Frederic Young, Marie Jane Young.


2 comments:

fay said...

do you happen to know if olive doucet was "savauge" as well?

Dj DannyjazzTO said...

I haven't seen any evidence but they are but I have seen birth papers of Native people where the her family are God Parents. So it brings me to think that they were. Most of the people who were close to the Young family are either Native or Metis